.

.
Please also visit my "Renting with Rex" Blog: http://rentingwithrex.blogspot.com/

Friday, July 14, 2023

Descriptive Poem for “The Migrant Mother” photograph


Post University, English 130, English Literature and Composition

Descriptive Poem for “The Migrant Mother” photograph

“I am taking care of my family 

Like a Proud American 

 

I am a great wife and mother 

Like a great woman should be proud to be 

 

I am a strong Cherokee 

Like a proud tribal member who cares for their family 

 

I am proud of my family who is fixing our car 

Like a great family who sticks together and cares for each other.  

 

I am in warm clothes that I give to my family 

Like a person who takes care of their family 

 

I am supposed to be here in California 

Like a family who came here to work 

 

I am a person with dignity 

Like a person who works hard and is happy! 

 

I am Florence Owens Thompson 

Like a proud American and living in California with my family.” 

(Twinkl Teaches, 2022)


Twinkl Teaches, 2022, How to Write a Descriptive Poem, https://youtu.be/Vz978By5viI 

No comments:

Post a Comment