.

.
Please also visit my "Renting with Rex" Blog: http://rentingwithrex.blogspot.com/

Friday, July 14, 2023

Descriptive Poem for “The Migrant Mother” photograph


Post University, English 130, English Literature and Composition

Descriptive Poem for “The Migrant Mother” photograph

I am taking care of my family 

Like a Proud American 

 

I am a great wife and mother 

Like a great woman should be proud to be 

 

I am a strong Cherokee 

Like a proud tribal member who cares for their family 

 

I am proud of my family who is fixing our car 

Like a great family who sticks together and cares for each other.  

 

I am in warm clothes that I give to my family 

Like a person who takes care of their family 

 

I am supposed to be here in California 

Like a family who came here to work 

 

I am a person with dignity 

Like a person who works hard and is happy! 

 

I am Florence Owens Thompson 

Like a proud American and living in California with my family. 

(Twinkl Teaches, 2022)


Twinkl Teaches, 2022, How to Write a Descriptive Poem, https://youtu.be/Vz978By5viI 

No comments:

Post a Comment