.

.
Please also visit my "Renting with Rex" Blog: http://rentingwithrex.blogspot.com/

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

The Dot and Dino Show: Rocky the Wonderful!


Dot: Hey, Dino, we already got our first question. That was fast. These blogs really do work.

Dino: I guess go. (munch, munch) Who is it from? Can I finish my dog biscuit while you read it?

Dot: Don't eat with your mouth full, Dino. Well, he signed it "Rocky the Wonderful" and his letter says he is from New York City.

Dino: (munch, munch) Where is that? Can we walk there?

Dot: I doubt it. I am not quite sure exactly. I will look at a map and let you know. Are you done with your cookie?

Dino: Yes (gulp). OK, so what does Mr. Wonderful have to say?

Dot: Well, he asks "How do I keep up my tan and good looking body when the weather dips below freezing, it is snowing outside and all I do is lay on the couch in front of the TV?

Dino: Oh, brother. Can I go practice my tap dancing, now?

Dot: Now, Dino, let's try to answer Rocky's question.

Dino: OK (sigh).

Dot: So, Rocky, do you have any other buddies there with you at home? If so, you can work on this at home as a group to motivate each other. First, each time you get up from the couch, pretend like you are going to the TV to change the station, but instead go back to the couch. Do this a few times in a row. Take a rest, Eat a snack. Then do another set of reps of that same exercise.

Dino: I like the part about eating the snack.

Dot: Come on, Dino, we need to be Rocky's support here.

Dino: OK, what next, brain girl?

Dot: Second, each time that you go outside to go to the bathroom, take the stairs instead of the elevator.

Dino: The what?

Dot: The elevator. This book here says there are a lot of tall buildings with elevators in New York City. Maybe Rocky lives in one of those buildings (wink, wink!)

Dino: Oh, right (wink, wink!)

Dot: That should burn off a few calories. And make sure you sit near a lamp at home while you sit on the couch. Maybe that will help you with your tan.

Dino: Is that true?

Dot: Uh, sure. I remember my cousin, Spot, telling me something like that. He said he remembers reading it somewhere, but he couldn't remember where.

Dino: (Psst, Dot, you told me you didn't have any relatives you knew of.)

Dot: Shut up, Dino. Oh, I mean, say good bye, Dino.

Dino: Is it that time already? OK, good bye, Dino. I am off to practice my flute.

Dot: Thanks to Rocky for his question. Keep them coming, folks. You can reach us at dot@thesocialpet.com and dino@thesocialpet.com.

We are trying to set up some entertainment for upcoming shows. If anybody has a special talent they would like to demonstrate, and you will be in the Future Lake area, we would love to hear from you. We can videotape it, and put the link on our blog for everybody to watch. Or send us your videotape, and we can put the link up here also.

Good bye, everybody.

Dino: Good bye again (munch, munch)

No comments:

Post a Comment